Thursday 29 May 2008

Prefatory matters

So, the great day has arrived. Sean is coming around 11.30. I don't need to bring anything apart from some line clippers (that's nail clippers to me) glasses, something to eat and drink and waterproofs. I'll take the kettle because I may need a break from all that casting. Beginners tend to thrash at fly casting and get tired easily. I know the theory - I should do - but in practise the temptation will be to get the fly out there any old how.

It's a different world financially as well. You pay by the fish apparently, so it's one price for two fish, another price for four (sadly I doubt that there's a refund for the no-fish angler). We're off to Arlington reservoir which looks big, even on Google Maps, and compared with the waters I normally fish is going to feel enormous.

Stay in touch.

No comments: